Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-205H Ethernet ports function

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP-205H Ethernet ports function

Posted Feb 28, 2019 12:29 AM
      |   view attached

Hi community,

What is the function or role of the different Ethernet ports in AP-205H? I am clear that E1-E3 ports are the downlinks, and E0 is the uplink, but which E0 specifically? There is a E0 at the back, a E0/PT at the bottom and a PT port at the back. What is the relation between all of them? The AP-205H Installation Guide says:

Additionally, the IAP-205H access point has a Pass-Through (PT) port at the back (Figure 2) and an E0/PT port at the bottom (Figure 3). The E0/PT port acts primarily as a Pass-Through (PT) port. Alternatively, the E0/PT port can serve as an E0 uplink port and accepts 802.3af/802.3at PoE power when the E0 and PT ports at the back of the AP are physically bridged by an Ethernet cable.

PT is a Pass-Through port, but E0/PT is also a Pass-Through port. But what does exactly mean a Pass-Through port? I don't understand that explanation. Can you put an example? I am powering my AP-205H with a DC power source (no PoE), what port do I have to use for the uplink? E0 at the back? Or E0/PT at the bottom? Or either?

Many thanks in advance.

Julián

Attachment(s)

pdf
    0511744-03_IAP-205H_IG.pdf   894 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: AP-205H Ethernet ports function
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2019 03:17 AM

Answered here. PT on the back is with just wires connected to the E0/PT on the bottom of the AP and allows you to connect the uplink on either the back or the bottom. When mounted to the wall, you could even use the Pass-through to patch another UTP or even analog phone cable from the wall to the bottom of the AP.

• 3.  RE: AP-205H Ethernet ports function

Posted Feb 28, 2019 10:38 AM
    Hi,

Great explanation Herman. Much more clear! Thanks!

Regards,
    Julián