Wireless Access

Contributor I

Re: AP Comparison

Thanks Charlie, makes sense to me, I thought I was missing somthing else.

Hi,

@cclemmer wrote:

@JasT wrote:

The AP-345 is cheaper than the 325 and 335 so why would anyone buy the 325 or 335?

Because they have existing deployments that aren't in a position to upgrade to AOS 8.3.

According to me, if APs 325 and 335 are less powerful than AP 345, they should be cheaper... And what if I have a Instant deployment, I will definitely buy AP 345, more powerful and cheaper...

Regards,

Julián

MVP Expert

Hi

AFAIK the ap-345 is the replacement for both the AP-325 & AP-335

Cheers, Frank
AirHeads MVP Expert | Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Guru Elite

@fjulianom wrote:

Hi,

@cclemmer wrote:

@JasT wrote:

The AP-345 is cheaper than the 325 and 335 so why would anyone buy the 325 or 335?

Because they have existing deployments that aren't in a position to upgrade to AOS 8.3.

Not According to me, if APs 325 and 335 are less powerful than AP 345, they should be cheaper... And what if I have a Instant deployment, I will definitely buy AP 345, more powerful and cheaper...

Regards,

Julián

Not necessarily less powerful; different functionality.  The 

@ap-345 can automatically tune both radios to 5ghz or one to 2.4ghz and the other to 5ghz, BUT it requires Airmatch and AOS 8.3.0.0 and above to do that.  If your ArubaOS 8.x deployment does not have an MM, it does not have Airmatch and the AP-345 will not be able to automatically switch radios between 2.4ghz and 5ghz based on coverage.  That means, without an MM in your AOS 8.x deployment, you should not really be purchasing the 345 for that specific functionality.  It can function as a regular access point, but pay attention to the client counts and functionality that @jhoward mentioned concerning the 315 access points and you could put more money towards more access points, depending on your deployment.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the clarification. Then for the controller managed mode makes sense. For the Instant mode, because you don't need a MM, does it make sense to purchase an AP 335 when you can purchase a cheaper and newest AP 345?

Regards,

Julián

Guru Elite

Julian,

This decision should be based on customer requirements.

You should only consider deploying the AP-345 where you would deploy the AP-335 (highest client capacity, dual ethernet, bluetooth) and all your customer's devices have a 5ghz radio.  It also requires the latest software, so it would not be easy to just put some of these devices for testing in an environment that does not have 8.3.0.0 already.  At this level, it would be about the capability and the fit, and not necessarily about how much it costs.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Occasional Contributor I

Hi,

Can you tell me the difference between AP 305 and AP 325?

This is for a busy library which has 3 floors. We have suggested replacing AP225 to 305 or 325. We are looking at probably more than 200-300 users every day. We would be putting more than 3 AP as they have large and bigger room so to cover a different area. we are confused what to suggest them. 

Occasional Contributor I

Please look at the floor plan

Guru Elite

Please open a separate thread for your question.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP Expert

Hi

If the customer has the 225 I would suggest the 345

Cheers, Frank
AirHeads MVP Expert | Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: