Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Master Discovery

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP Master Discovery

Posted Nov 29, 2012 01:10 PM

I have a 3600 controller that provides wireless coverage via AP-105's. Lets call this controller 1.

I have an additional 3600 controller that sole purpose is VIA client access. Lets call this controller 2.

The problem I'm having is that whenever an AP reboots there is a chance that they connect to controller 2 instead of the campus AP controller 1. This happens because both controllers are on the same subnet.

My question-  Is there a way to tell controller 2 to not respond to AP requests/associations? My other thought was to reprovision all of the AP's and manually assign the Master Discovery as the IP address of controller 1. Not sure that will work though because I thought the AP first tries to find a controller via broadcast which controller 2 would respond to.

It's an easy fix to just log into controller 2 and reprovision them back to controller 1 but would be nice if controller 2 would just not respond.

Ideas?

Thanks !!!

• 2.  RE: AP Master Discovery
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 29, 2012 01:54 PM

Please disable ADP ( Aruba Discovery Protocol ) on controller 2. 

(3600) #configure terminal adp discovery disable

• 3.  RE: AP Master Discovery

Posted Nov 29, 2012 01:57 PM

THANKS !!!

(I knew there had to be a way to turn that off) :smileyhappy: