Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Provision How-To? help

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP Provision How-To? help

Posted Apr 24, 2012 11:22 PM

Hey guys,

I know this is probably a very easy question to answer and probably covered somewhere either here or in documentation but I have searched everywher and cannot find the information.

What I am looking for is basic provision steps for a factory defaulted controller and AP-93 and 105

AOS version 6.1.2.4 (Aruba 620)

The APs out of the box are configured for ADP or DHCP I know that but how do I get the controller to see my AP, that's the issue I am having.

AP is directly connected to the controller on port0/1 (POE).

Do I need to create a DHCP pool on the controller? I assume yes, How?

I am trying to rap my head around this.

any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: AP Provision How-To? help
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 12:19 AM

Yes, you need to create an IP pool in a DHCP server.  Since you are directly connected you can use the controller to do so.

If its factory defaulted you will have VLAN 1 = 172.16.0.254  / 24 as the address on the controller itself.

You will want to navigate on the WEBUI to  Configuration/IP/DHCP Server and 

a. Activate/Enable the server with the checkbox on this screen, and

b.  Create a scope for the 172.16.0.0   255.255.255.0 VLAN   (corresponding to VLAN 1), set default router to 172.16.0.254, and name to AP_Pool as an example.   

Then click 'apply' and you should have a DHCP pool established.

If you want to see the IP service in action, drop into the CLI and issue  'show ip dhcp binding' and 'show ip dhcp stat' to show how the DHCP server is functioning ...

Let us know how you make out.

JF

• 3.  RE: AP Provision How-To? help

Posted Apr 26, 2012 05:09 PM

awesome thanks

worked out just fine...

funny how you see this all the time but when you never configured it yourself it, its a head scratcher the first time.

thanks again