Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Re: AP Termination in Master-Local AOS 8.1

How do you achieve redundancy with two standalone controllers?

If running a Mobility Master then I need atleast two controllers to achieve redundancy in AOS 8?

Regarding not being able to terminate APs on a controller running Master Controller Mode, is this by design or something that will work in future updates?

Contributor I

Hi,

I did have the same questions as you. What I have found is that you have to stick with 6.x if you want to do a Master-local style of deployment and terminate APs on a Master.

Regards

Philip

Wireless network engineer consultant| @phivil | ACMP ACCP ACDX #759
New Contributor

Will Aruba allow AP termination on virtual controller AOS8.X anytime soon or ever?

Regards Nick

MVP Expert

wrote:

Will Aruba allow AP termination on virtual controller AOS8.X anytime soon or ever?

Regards Nick

it is only impossible with Mobility Master ! it is possible with VMC (Virtual Mobility Controller)

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

anyone have answer for this? 

we have 2 datazone controller that is running 2 standalone mode but the AP doesnt failvover to the standby standalone controller even LMS IP and HA group configured

This sounds like a different issue than the one the thread originally discussed. Please start a new thread so we can walk through why your APs are not detecting the primary LMS failure and reverting to the backup LMS.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: