Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP fast Failover topology design question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP fast Failover topology design question

Posted Apr 20, 2017 10:43 AM

Dear Airheads Experts!

I would like to ask you regarding the following design question.

I found on airheads and the user guide the following statements about the AP fast failover:

"In the controller IP address field, enter the IP address of a controller in the HA group.
    5. Click the IP Version drop-down list and select either IPv4 or IPv6 to identify the IP address version type used
    by the controller.
    6. Click the Role drop-down list to assign a role to the controller. The IP address of each controller must be
    reachable by APs and must be the IP address that appears in the Configuration > Controller > System
    settings tab of the controller WebUI, or in the output of the show controller-ip CLI command."

In this case if my master controller IP is 10.10.10.1 and my standby controller IP is 10.10.10.2 regarding the show controller-ip command. And I would like to receive my APs connection in a different IP of controller, for example 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 and we can't route the AP to 10.10.10.0, we can only route to 192.168.0.0.

Is the fast failover feature working in this case? And what will be the configuration in this case?

What about if we configure the controller ip to 10.10.10.1-2 in the HA group and configure the lms and bck lms to 192.168.1.1-2?

Or this feature is only works if we configure to controller-ip in the ha group and lms, bck lms as well. So we have to route the APs to the controller IP only.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Zs

• 2.  RE: AP fast Failover topology design question

Posted Apr 20, 2017 05:58 PM

And do we have to configure for dhcp option 43 the controller ip? And can't we point the APs to another IP of the controller?