Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

AP packet capture with wireshark

I have tried do some packet capture traffic from AP using wireshark 0.99.7 and 1.4.1 downloaded from the tools in the support area, using the ARUBA udp 5555 port, but I can't get anything, is there any requirement to do it?

Guru Elite

Re: AP packet capture with wireshark

Please see the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/How-do-we-do-packet-capturing-on-ArubaOS/m-p/1126/highlight/true#M149 for some ideas.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor II

Yes, I have already read it, but following the indications I can't get any packet in wireshark.

I have AOS 5.0.3.0

Frequent Contributor II

Does the capture go from AP to PC directly or it goes throught controller?

Guru Elite

AP to PC directly on port 5555

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor II

If I start wireshark capturing with my own NIC using a filter with source ip = ip of my Campus AP and then I start the AP packet capture, I don't see anything. It is correct?

Guru Elite

Please read the document here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/115/160/1/Packet+Capturing+Options+with+Aruba+Wireless+Networks.pdf

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor II

May be the problem is with winpcap, I use winpcap 4.1 and I don't know if it is supported with this version.

I use w7, so winpcap 3.1 is not supported with w7, please, could you confirm if wireshark-win32-aruba-1.4.1 only works with winpcap 3.1?

Guru Elite

If you are streaming from an access point to a management station, I don't think Winpcap comes into play.  The management station just needs to receive traffic from the ip address of the AP on port 5555.

What are you trying to do, exactly?

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Frequent Contributor II

As first test only streaming from ap to pc, but I can't see any traffic
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: