Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP transmission power

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP transmission power

Posted Mar 30, 2014 03:30 AM

Hello All,

I am working on a design using VisualRF plan for a Hotel scenario which they already have APs model 93 and they need to replace it with APs 135 due to coverage issues.

However I have a concern about the APs transmission power setting on VisualRF plan, when ever an AP is added to the drawing it is using the default power setting. I was wondering if I am to modefy the setting for the 135 APs what would be the recommended power setting for each Radio given that the APs density is very low?

The problem is I have to provide a design which is as accurate as possible before we go for this replacement.

#AP135

• 2.  RE: AP transmission power

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 30, 2014 05:49 AM

Amro,

Use the parameters below.  Make sure and draw your walls, as well:

survey.png

Since this is a replacement of a deployment that is not working, I would go ahead and do a passive site survey with two or more AP-135s at 12db mounted in two or more rooms  to determine the actual coverage before you deploy.  For large, important jobs, VisualRF can give you an idea of what you need but only a passive site survey will show you exactly how much coverage you will get, especially if you do not know exactly what is in all of the walls.

• 3.  RE: AP transmission power

Posted Apr 01, 2014 05:21 AM

Hi Joseph, I am not sure how to reack this configuration page

• 4.  RE: AP transmission power

Posted Apr 01, 2014 06:00 AM

After you draw a region the autoprovision APs setup pops up...2014-04-01 10_57_40-VisualRF Plan.png