Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP wired port connections super slow on 1 controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP wired port connections super slow on 1 controller

Posted Sep 20, 2019 10:54 AM

Hi,

We have an Aruba 6.5.4.4 environment with master local and we have noticed that APs terminating to one of our controllers are only providing speeds of around 100Kbits up and down for wired connections through the AP wired ports.

This is only affecting APs terminating to one of our controllers as I have moved it to another AP group with same settings terminating on another controller and it works fine. I have looked on logs for the controller and can't see anything obvious. The controllers are 7240 and the APs we have noticed it on are AP93H. Rebooting the APs has not fixed the issue and I have replicated with a new AP.

What steps can I take to troubleshoot this on the controller? It seems hard to find any info about troubleshooting wired AP ports. I know a reboot will probably fix it but wanted to see if I could determine root cause. No config has changed that I am aware of to cause this.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: AP wired port connections super slow on 1 controller

Posted Sep 20, 2019 01:00 PM

What is the status of the port? trusted or untrusted ?

During your test have you tried changing the status of the port to trusted ?

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
    --Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

• 3.  RE: AP wired port connections super slow on 1 controller

Posted Oct 03, 2019 07:44 AM

Thanks for reply.

We ended up discovering that STP is not enabled on our wired ports and a user had looped a cable back on itself bringing down the VLAN some of our wired users were on.