Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP105 drop ceiling mounting

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP105 drop ceiling mounting

Posted Dec 07, 2011 09:27 PM

We are in the process of mounting 36 AP-105s onto a drop ceiling. The problem is the ceiling tiles are the recessed to just snapping them on the rail doesn't work. We usually just us toggle bolts the mounts on the ceiling tiles but these ceiling tiles are made of fiberglass and we are afraid the tiles might sag. Is there a mount for recessed tiles?

• 2.  RE: AP105 drop ceiling mounting
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 07, 2011 09:53 PM

Found my own  answer....

AP-105-MNT-C

• 3.  RE: AP105 drop ceiling mounting

Posted Dec 08, 2011 08:42 AM

The drop ceiling mounts I got are a little cheesy,  they don't snap on all the way.   I ended up running two zip ties around the mount to make it a little more secure. 

Without all it takes is a tap from the right direction to spin the thing off of the rail.   Now if they managed to get it off the rail, it would still be hanging by the zip ties at least.

• 4.  RE: AP105 drop ceiling mounting

Posted Dec 08, 2011 09:06 AM

I'm trying to talk them into the toggle bolts method. It works very well. I pass along your experience to help my case.

Thanks

• 5.  RE: AP105 drop ceiling mounting

Posted Dec 08, 2011 12:17 PM

I really like the toggle mount method, As I have had to move AP's for coverage issues and found to just take the tile with you and move it...as long as its the same tile size where you need the AP of course..:)