Wireless Access

Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: AP275 Radio disabled due to low power

I'm running into these issues as well with the 275.  I'm runnin 6.4.2.2.

Solutions Engineer
CWNA-CWDP-ACMP-ACCP
Regular Contributor I

Me also.. 

6.4.2.2 with Avaya 4850 GTS switches.

The reprovision fix does not help. 

#ODL1_01
Power Status
------------
Operational State POE-AT: No restrictions (Overridden by LLDP)
----------------- --------------------------------------------
Current HW State POE-AF: Ethernet port 1 disabled; All radios disabled
LLDP Negotiated POE Power 25.5W

--
ACMA ACMP

There wasa bug fix in 6.4.2.3.

Bud ID: 106096

Symptom: The radios on an AP-270 Series access points were not enabled after receiving power

through a PoE+ source

The radio pushes an update to the controller.

Debugging comments:

LLDP needs to be on

With it on you need to ensure that the LED on the unit is NOT persistent RED.

If the LED goes off there is a bug that applies when the negotiation takes too long the radio may fail to notify the controller. This is fixed in 6.4.2.3

A soft boot of the 275 may clear this.

Frequent Contributor I

We have a similar situation.

Upgraded our 7220 to AOS 6.4.2.3, however we're still not able to bring up AP-275 radios.  

We're getting PoE+ power from a stack of Cisco 3750x's.  

We do not have LLDP enabled, however we have taken PoE limitations out of the picture.  

Does anyone know if there is a PoE+ doc or a specific Cisco Doc that explictly states LLDP needs to be enabled for devices requiring 802.3at power?  

I've heard of a few folks that have had success by using LLDP, just wondering if that is an absolute requirement, & how that comes into play when using midspan PoE+ injectors. 

I've opended a TAC case, but we'll see how far I get before the holidays.  

It would also be of great value if the AP-275, or any 802.3at AP, could report how much power it is seeing from its PSE. 

Thanks, 

--Raf
New Contributor

We had the same problem but with Extreme Network switches.  Once we turned on and configured LLDP the AP would work as an IAP but not when converted to a campus AP.  Once we upgraded the Controller code to 6.4.2.3 the AP works in both IAP and Campus AP mode from the controller as long as LLDP is configured and enabled on the switch.  I have seen other post saying Cisco also has to have LLDP turned on.  PoE+ injectors do not need nor do they have LLDP.  They just work. (Most of them anyway)

LLDP is explicitly required in order for a cisco device to. Provide more than 15W
Regular Contributor I

Upgrading tonight, will see how it goes.

Edit: all good, stable APs for 24 hours. So 6.4.2.3 solves the issues for Avaya 4500 switches with LLDP enabled.

--
ACMA ACMP
New Contributor

@Mjoetech wrote:

We think this got it.  Not turning off LLDP on the controller (that did nothing), but turning LLDP on in the Cisco switch. After a couple minutes the AP275s came up.

I had the same exact issue with 2 AP 275 and Cisco 3750X switches.

I tried manually configuring the switch port to 30W and that did nothing to enable the radios on the AP.

The APs come up after I enabled LLDP on the switch.

Occasional Contributor II

I have the exact same problem with HPE Aruba 2920-48G-PoE+ 740Watts switch. AP275 goes into Monitor mode. Logged a TAC case also. WLC is a Aruba7030 running on 6.4.2.3.

Tried to power up the AP with an external PoE injector (PowerDsine 9001GR PN: PD-9001GR/AT/AC) but no success. Below is the config in the switch ports. There are other Aruba AP's (2 x 225's & 3 x 205's) connected on this switch, they work just fine.  

Will continue in finding a solution and keep you all posted

interface 2     

power-over-ethernet critical     

poe-value 33     

poe-lldp-detect enabled

Contributor II

Hi Ishan,

The first known ArubaOS version to work well in that series is 6.4.2.5 but you'll be better served to run the latest (6.4.2.12 I believe). If I remember correctly, 6.4.2.5 or 6.4.2.7-8 does contain a bug fix for AP-275.

Anyway, you'll be better served by running a newer version.

Keep us posted.

Simon
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: