Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP305 connect and configure to controller

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AP305 connect and configure to controller

Posted Sep 04, 2018 05:38 PM

Back in the days of AP105's, the AP's connected to the network and automatically found and joined my controller. Now I've got AP305s which apparently are all IAP by default. I need to be able to get them to connect to the controller without me having to connect to their SSID, log in, and convert them. (this process takes about 20 minutes to do and I have 70 APs to provision). That is adding way too many steps too my process and I need to be able to have them configure themselves without me having to use a slow web interface.

I tried adding a type 43 entry to my dhcp server to get them to know where the master controller is but that did not help my cause. please help.

Stats: AP305 on a controller (7220) running software version  6.5.4.8

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: AP305 connect and configure to controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2018 05:55 PM

An AP-305 still behaves the same way as that AP-105 did.

But based on what you describe, it appears you have an IAP-305. Those will need to be converted before they can talk to a controller.

• 3.  RE: AP305 connect and configure to controller

Posted Sep 04, 2018 06:01 PM

so is there a way to convert these without having to get into the web ui or am i going to need to plug in all of the APs and try to get one as a master to convert them all?

Trying to figure out how to do this with the minimal amount of time.