Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP325 Two Network Connections to two controllers

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP325 Two Network Connections to two controllers

Posted May 14, 2019 05:30 PM

We have a Dev network and a Lab network in the same rack, is it possible to use the two connections on an AP325 to connect to two separate controllers or do I have to deploy two separate APs in this lab area? 

• 2.  RE: AP325 Two Network Connections to two controllers

Posted May 14, 2019 11:50 PM

The AP will only connect to one controller at a time. Also, the dual ports will not work correctly if they are in separate networks. They must be in the same L2 domain and they must be configured with LACP to have both active.

You could play with DHCP settings and change which controller IP is returned. If you have a DNS server in the environment you could also use. Your life would probably be easier with just using two APs though.

• 3.  RE: AP325 Two Network Connections to two controllers

Posted May 15, 2019 03:12 AM
    This is possible with Multi Zone what is available in AOS8.

• 4.  RE: AP325 Two Network Connections to two controllers

Posted May 15, 2019 09:54 AM
    I completely forgot about Multizone. That’s definitely an option.

Also, I mentioned DHCP and DNS but statically configuring the controller IP during provisioning is going to be the easiest and less impactful option.

---
    Sent from Workspace ONE Boxer

• 5.  RE: AP325 Two Network Connections to two controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2019 06:58 PM

Multizone could be an option, but the same restraints on the ethernet connections remain (you cannot have ENET0 go to one controller and ENET1 go to another). Also Dev and Lab would have to always be on the same firmware (which depending on the role of the Dev and Lab networks may or may not be feasible). And both networks would have to be routable (which may or may not be present)

• 6.  RE: AP325 Two Network Connections to two controllers

Posted May 15, 2019 09:10 AM

That's kinda what I figured. Thanks y'all :)