Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ARM Feature best Practice for indoor and outdoor AP for warehouse

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  ARM Feature best Practice for indoor and outdoor AP for warehouse

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2019 04:14 AM

Hi,

i am looking for the info about the best practice for ARM feature of Aruba for indoor and outdoor Ap  for warehouse as currently it is running on the default profile SS attached. Can i stick to default or i will do the changes for the best preformance. Any input with SS will be helpful.123.JPG1234.JPG

• 2.  RE: ARM Feature best Practice for indoor and outdoor AP for warehouse

Posted Aug 28, 2019 10:51 AM

What does SS mean?

Typically for a warehouse (or any area really), the defaults are not your best option. You should have done some sort of site survey, APOS, and/or predictive survey design that would give you a baseline for what to configure. Once you have that, do a post-survey to see if those settings meet your design.

Have you done any of this? Do you have more details on what you are trying to accomplish?

For outdoor placements, I'm typically trying to get the most amount of coverage possible and therefore have the radios at full power but again, this depends on your requirements and your environment.

• 3.  RE: ARM Feature best Practice for indoor and outdoor AP for warehouse

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 03, 2019 07:21 AM

SS means screen shot

post survey is done for the site so in result i am able to see that there is chaneel overlap so i suggested them to turn on the ARM feature which is not turned on previously so i want the information that the does defualt settings are fine for the ARM or we have any certain VHD guidlines recommended for warehouse ? 

• 4.  RE: ARM Feature best Practice for indoor and outdoor AP for warehouse

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 03, 2019 08:04 AM

Are you supplying 5ghz clients?  If yes, you should uncheck 80mhz channels and make allowed channels for 40 mhz channels to none, so that you are using only 20 mhz channels.

Based on your screenshot the ARM min and ARM max TX power have too wide of a spread.  Typically you only want the difference between the ARM max and min to be 6.  In a warehouse situation, typically you would want the ARM min to match the ARM max so that all access points have the same transmit power to provide even, predictable coverage.  In a warehouse, it requires trial and error to determine what that number is.  A good starting number is the output power of the devices you want to provide service to.  Again, this would only be a starting point because we don't know how high those access points are, how far apart they are, are you providing coverage in stacks or open areas.  So again, there are not really best practice numbers for ARM, really.  You do want to uncheck ARM client-aware initially so that access points can obtain their proper channels even with clients being attached.

You should honestly work with someone with warehouse wifi deployment experience, because there are many considerations outside of the wifi controller configuration that need to be accounted for.

• 5.  RE: ARM Feature best Practice for indoor and outdoor AP for warehouse

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 03, 2019 08:39 AM

i am suplying both 2.4 & 5 Ghz. if i select ARM max and min to 6 the transmiting power will be low if i see the celling height. Do you agree if  Max to be 15 and Min to be 6 or 15 in both max and min. Celling height for ware house will be between 8 to 9 m.

Thanks for your reply.