Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

About MCs connection to switched network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  About MCs connection to switched network

Posted Jan 04, 2019 04:55 PM

Hi gurus,

I have a case where I am going to install one virtual MM, two MC 7210 and around 200 APs. It is a campus university where there are around 10 distribution switches spread around different buildings, and one core switch in the data center at the main building. I am thinking to place both MCs and the MM in the data center. Is it ok if I connect both MCs to the core with a fiber link each and also the MM server with UTP? It is enough with 10G connection for each MC and 1G for the MM? Please can you help me?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: About MCs connection to switched network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2019 05:22 PM

The MM does not have user traffic going to and from it, so you can use a single gigabit connection.  The MDs should have one gigabit ethernet for each 100 access points that connect to it, so I would go with 10 gigabit for each MD, or two 1-gigabit ethernet connections bonded together for each MD.

• 3.  RE: About MCs connection to switched network

Posted Jan 04, 2019 05:52 PM

Hi Colin,

So it seems my assumptions were fine, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: About MCs connection to switched network

Posted Apr 08, 2019 01:54 PM

I am doing this almost identical setup however. our MC''s will be at the site and the MM will be at our datacenter in a colo.  I am having trouble getting the MC's connected to the switch stack properly. We have Cisco Switches and when i set both sides to trunk i loose all access to the MC's however when they are set to just access on the cisco side i have connectivity. Can you share your port configurations from the network to the controller and the controller side?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: About MCs connection to switched network

Posted Apr 08, 2019 06:37 PM
    Are you allowing all of the required VLANs on both sides? Specifically are you allowing the VLAN your controller IP is on?

It might be easier if you share your configs.

---
    Sent from Workspace ONE Boxer

• 6.  RE: About MCs connection to switched network

Posted Apr 08, 2019 06:42 PM

Hi skreezan,

Please open a new thread since your issue has to do more with troubleshooting instead of with a design perspective, which is the objetive of this post.

Regards,

Julián