Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding A Second Radius Server

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Adding A Second Radius Server

Posted Jan 30, 2020 05:02 PM

Hello, I am very new to the Aruba world. I just started with a company that has an Aruba Mobility Controller. I need to add a radius server to this controller. But, i am unsure of a few steps. I can find the add option under Securty>Authentication. And I see where to add the server to the existing server groups. But, i have a question about the shared key. Where does this key come from? Is this something specific to this controller? Or is it just something I assign when adding the server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Adding A Second Radius Server

Posted Jan 30, 2020 05:53 PM

This is the key your controller (or any other device, e.g. switch) will use to communicate with the RADIUS server. You can use any key as long as it matches to what you have added in the RADIUS server.

When you are adding controller as a RADIUS client on your RADIUS server, this is where you will define the key and will configure the same key on your controller.