Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

After adding VLAN to to Virtual AP, my ssid disapears from WLAN and is not broadcasted...

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  After adding VLAN to to Virtual AP, my ssid disapears from WLAN and is not broadcasted...

Posted Mar 21, 2013 04:57 PM

Hi, First time posting...

On our Aruba 6000 mobility controller, we created a new Virtual AP ssid and VLAN. When we add the VLAN to the newly created Virtual AP Group, the ssid disappears from the Monitoring/WLAN and it is not broadcasted across the AP's. Am I missing something simple here? I have three other's that are already on the controller and working with no issues... :(

• 2.  RE: After adding VLAN to to Virtual AP, my ssid disapears from WLAN and is not broadcasted...

Posted Mar 21, 2013 06:17 PM

Hi,:smileyhappy:

1. How much more SSID are your transmitting in the same AP-GROUP? (What type of AP? What is your ArubaOS version)
    2. What is the working mode of the vlan you configured in the vap? (tunnel/bridge/split?)
    3. Check under configuration/IP or configuration/vlan  that the vlan you trying to work with it enabled and up. (if not check tagging / trunk/access

update me in the results - and i will continue to help u.:smileywink:

Me.

• 3.  RE: After adding VLAN to to Virtual AP, my ssid disapears from WLAN and is not broadcasted...

Posted Mar 22, 2013 10:10 AM

Hi kdisc98,
    We are currently transmitting 3 other ssid. This new one makes 4.
    We are using AP-105's at our sites.
    ArubaOS 6.1.2.3 (Digitally Signed - Production Build)
    Working/Forwarding mode = tunnel
    Vlan and IP of the new Vlan are up and pingable.

vfaian,
    Vlan is created on our network and we can ping back and forth between firewall and Controller Vlan IP.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: After adding VLAN to to Virtual AP, my ssid disapears from WLAN and is not broadcasted...

Posted Mar 21, 2013 06:47 PM
    Make sure that VLAN exist on the local controller