Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave Telnet/SSH Error

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  AirWave Telnet/SSH Error

Posted Aug 16, 2018 04:22 PM
      |   view attached

I am new to Aruba and already have some weird problems. I am able to add switches to Airwave and see them reporting but not the config information (2530-8G). I am getting a Telnet/SSH error: Could not fetch config file; command timed-out.

I have changed the timeout and that does not. I do not know the username or password for the telnet/ssh (likely the problem). Nor have I created a telnet or ssh user. (however you do that).

I disabled telnet due to it being unsafe, but ssh does not work in fetching the config information from each switch. I do not want to use telnet at all or snmpv1-2.

Any idea on how to configure ssh or get the config file to work with SNMPV3?

I have SNMPV3 only set, web interface setup, operator and manger passwords configured. 

Any help would be great I am burned out searching for a solution.

Attachment(s)

txt
    SSH.txt   631 B 1 version

• 2.  RE: AirWave Telnet/SSH Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2018 07:33 AM

According to the SSH log, there are huge delays for processing commands. Can you try to manually ssh into the switch (with same credentials as Airwave does), then issue the commands as shown in the logs and verify that the switch responds promptly (each command should take less than a second to return a response):

hp2530-sw02# no page
    hp2530-sw02# configure
    hp2530-sw02(config)# console local-terminal none
    This command will initiate a raw mode with all terminal escape
    sequences removed from the output. To exit this mode, use the
    command "console local-terminal vt100".
    tty=none hp2530-sw02(config)#

If there is a significant delay as the SSH log shows, on of the possible reasons could be that you configured command authorization or accounting to a server that is not responding.

• 3.  RE: AirWave Telnet/SSH Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 12:44 PM

AirWave uses SSH to grab the running config initially.  It needs to audit at least once to get a baseline.

Also, check your Group -> select group -> Basic tab to make sure AirWave is set to use SNMPv3 in that group for that device type.