Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave set my controller to monitor only

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Airwave set my controller to monitor only

Posted Sep 07, 2020 06:12 AM

Hello ,

I am using Airwave and whenever i add my virtual controller (8.5 running as virtual mobility controller under ESX) the controller is added as monitor only and i can not change the option to Manage read/write

What can be the issue?

• 2.  RE: Airwave set my controller to monitor only

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 07, 2020 06:44 AM

Are you able to post the Event and Alerts for the device in question after you have set it to Managed?

• 3.  RE: Airwave set my controller to monitor only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2020 08:14 AM

It is expected behavior, MM and MDs setup can be monitor only, we can not manage in Airwave.

• 4.  RE: Airwave set my controller to monitor only

Posted Sep 07, 2020 09:22 AM

So controllers can not be Managed/read write?

What about pushing controller configs from AirWave  there is a full section named controller config where seems to have all options to set.

I can not pull the configs from controller though , what is the catch here?

Can i read WLAN/AP profile from Aruab? can use the controller config section to push config to controllers in a group? (they appear as monitor only as mentioned , can not be changed to managed)

• 5.  RE: Airwave set my controller to monitor only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2020 10:24 AM

Aruba OS 8.X Mobility Master and Mobility Devices can not be managed by Airwave , all configuration need to be managed by MM only.

Airwave Controller configuration UI is for Aruba OS 6.X series.