Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave v8.2.8.1: Incorrect controller names

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave v8.2.8.1: Incorrect controller names

Posted Mar 12, 2019 09:37 AM

Hi all

I'm running Airwave v8.2.8.1 for a customer. We have multiples sites across the world with getting near to 500 aps and more than 70 controllers. For some odd reason, lots of the controllers aren't reporting the correct device name, and are defaulting to Aruba Networks-xx:xx:xx with the last six characters being taken from the MAC address. I've tried importing settings and also renaming but each time this is rejected. Import settings says no devices have settings to import. Rename says no selected devices support this operation.

Controllers are all running 8.3.0.6. We have a pair of Mobility Masters also running and managing everything. The MMs also report incorrect names, this time saying VMWare, Inc-xx:xx:xx.

We have pairs of controllers at each site and in some cases, one controller has the correct name but the standby does not.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: Airwave v8.2.8.1: Incorrect controller names

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 10:12 AM

Dave,

In MM/MD controller setup, Airwave does not support managing device and we dont have option to import the configuraiton aswell as it support only monitoring.

Do you see any option to audit or import the setting in APs/Device>manage page of MM or MD if Yes try that option but I dont think we have this option but check once.

Does all APs which are terminated on MDs are showing correct name?

• 3.  RE: Airwave v8.2.8.1: Incorrect controller names

Posted Mar 12, 2019 10:19 AM

All AP names are fine. I've tried the import and get the error I mentioned in the OP. Just tried audit and got the following: No selected devices suporrt configuration audit.

• 4.  RE: Airwave v8.2.8.1: Incorrect controller names

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 10:30 AM

It is expected message, MM/MD does not support import/audit. Are you seeing this improper controller name from the time of adding the device to Airwave or seeing recently?

Normally, during the time of adding the device airwave will automatically read device information and update in database.

If name is correct is controller but showing incorrect in Airwave recently then we can try bring down the status of controller (not physically) in Airwave and see if it can read the name again for this you need to take the help of TAC.

• 5.  RE: Airwave v8.2.8.1: Incorrect controller names

Posted Mar 12, 2019 10:38 AM

They have never shown the correct name since being added into Airwave. I guess I'll need to contact TAC. Thanks for your help.

• 6.  RE: Airwave v8.2.8.1: Incorrect controller names

Posted Mar 14, 2019 06:49 PM

We have the same issue. Interested on the slution from TAC.

• 7.  RE: Airwave v8.2.8.1: Incorrect controller names

Posted May 06, 2019 08:46 AM

Any update on this issue and a TAC solution?