Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave v8.2.8.1: Move buildings and campuses around?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave v8.2.8.1: Move buildings and campuses around?

Posted Mar 12, 2019 09:44 AM

As mentioned in a previous post (https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Airwave-v8-2-8-1-Incorrect-controller-names/td-p/517203) I have a customer running AMP 8.2.8.1 with multiple controllers and APs worldwide. 

Due to various reasons, VisualRF has become an absolute mess. Some sites are a campus all on their own, some are country based, some are city based (e.g. the US sites all have their own campus, the Eire sites have a campus with two buildings inside and some cities have their own campus with one building inside).

Is it possible to move these around easily? Ideally, I'd like a campus for APAC, one for EMEA and one for the Americas. Then, countries as campuses inside with different cities as buildings inside that. 

Is it possible? I've seen some old database tweaks that can be done but I assume they are only possible in the old school linux shell versions of AMP.

• 2.  RE: Airwave v8.2.8.1: Move buildings and campuses around?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 10:19 AM

Yes we have option to move the building to differnet campus and floors to buildings from properties tab.

Screen shots for your reference.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

• 3.  RE: Airwave v8.2.8.1: Move buildings and campuses around?

Posted Mar 12, 2019 10:25 AM

Brilliant, thanks. Can you nest these? I.e. have an APAC campus with Australia then Melbourne, then different buildings within the Melbourne campus?

• 4.  RE: Airwave v8.2.8.1: Move buildings and campuses around?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2019 10:35 AM

Nope, we cant create campus with in campus. Create campus with name APAC or country  and have building names based on City and upload floors.