Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Alert on AMP Events

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Alert on AMP Events

Posted Apr 25, 2013 11:48 AM

I'd like to send alerts based on an AP changing channels when the error threshold is exceeded.  I don't see a way of doing this in version 7.6.2.

• 2.  RE: Alert on AMP Events

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2013 01:45 PM

This would be a great feature request for the ideas portal on the support site.  Currently, there's no trigger available for a channel changing threshold.  The closest you can get is by doing a Device Event trigger on the SNMP trap for channel changes 'wlsxAPChannelChange'.  Alternatively, you could also try to run RF Health Report.  If the report's channel change info looks good, you can create a custom report using just that portion and run it more frequently.

• 3.  RE: Alert on AMP Events

Posted Apr 25, 2013 02:57 PM

I run an RF health report weekly which has been helpful.  I was just hoping for a more immediate notification of RF health problems so that I could act more quickly.  I will submit this as a feature request.  Thanks for your comments/ideas.

• 4.  RE: Alert on AMP Events

Posted Apr 29, 2013 12:25 PM

FYI, I created a feature request on the support site.  Would appreciate everyone voting on the request!