Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Anyone using WPA3?

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Anyone using WPA3?

Posted Sep 20, 2019 06:49 AM

Hi all,

o.k. WPA3-Enterprise available on controllers (8.5.0.2) our eduroam net is normally configured for wpa2-enterprise

iOS 13 appeared this morning  and our onboarding s/w allows us to configure an iPhone to use wpa3-enterprise

I use eap-tls on my iPhone and with the controller set up to use wpa2-enterprise the mobility master shows

1).my username = CN of client cert

2). That the role assigned is =  whts passed from clearpass ( filterid=abc... = controller policy

Reconfigure iphone to use wpa3-enterprise and it can still connect . to wpa2 net - fine

However, reconfigure eduroam from wpa2-enterprise to be wpa3-enterprise, disconnect / reconnect iphone and although clearpass does the same thing and sends back an access accept, on the mobility master the iPhone entry shows a name of its ip address and its role is set to logon.

Net result is that  the phone thinks it sconnected to eduroam but the controller is blocking traffic as the role is incorrect 

Revert the mobility controller back to wpa2-e and stuff works

Know its the 1st day of iOS  supporting wpa3 on a controller has been there for a while ...