Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ap Provisioning on dhcp

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Ap Provisioning on dhcp

Posted Jun 13, 2019 08:36 AM

Hi,

I have some difficult to understand how to implement an AP provisioning on Aruba Mobility Master.

In my running scenario, I'm still using a configuration master-local on Aruba AOS 6.5. I'm studing to update my infrastrutture to the lastest Aruba AOS.

Actually, when AP starts, it requires an ip address, the DHCP server (on windows machine) gives back to AP among varios settings the option 60 - specific vendor and option 43. In particolar in this case I pass the IP of Master Controller.

So, if my all systems are running on Aruba AOS 8.5, Must I change the option 43 to pass ip address of a valid managed device or I can continue to pass the ip of the mobility master?

Regards

• 2.  RE: Ap Provisioning on dhcp
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2019 09:14 AM

The ip address of the managed device.  The MM does not terminate or handle any AP traffic.

• 3.  RE: Ap Provisioning on dhcp

Posted Jun 13, 2019 10:04 AM

Hi Cjoseph,

thanks a lot. You have remove a great doubt for me.

Please, do you have a a short and compact list what does mobility master do? I have read mac authentication on mm, haven't i? Authentication by radios is managed on managed device section. So I have a little bit confusion about what I can do on mobility master level

regards

• 4.  RE: Ap Provisioning on dhcp

• 5.  RE: Ap Provisioning on dhcp

Posted Jun 13, 2019 10:32 AM

You are very kindly. I will read and watch your tips

Thank you so much for your time.

Have a good day

Regards

• 6.  RE: Ap Provisioning on dhcp

Posted Jun 14, 2019 10:42 AM

Go to this thread and look at my response in it for more information about how the AP boots. It might help you understand the process a little better.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/What-is-the-correct-way-to-add-new-Aruba-AP-345/m-p/539979#M91963

I hope this helps,