Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 315 APs not properly connecting to 8.4 Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 315 APs not properly connecting to 8.4 Controller

Posted Sep 16, 2020 11:47 AM

I'm currently in the process of testing a test environment for upgrading from 6.x to 8.x. I'm trying to get a 315 AP to connect to VMCs that I have configured. The AP shows up on the controller and claims that the AP is online, but when I look at the physical AP, they have the power LEDs blinking in 1-second intervals as if they were still trying to boot up. I provisionsed the AP with the same setting that I had 6.x, in case that was the issue, but no change. When I console into the APs, they boot properly, get an IP address, find the correct controller using DHCP options, and receive reboot commands from the controller. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks in Advance.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 315 APs not properly connecting to 8.4 Controller
    Best Answer

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 16, 2020 11:51 AM

Have you checked for proper licensing. The vMC will need a license, the AP will need a license (AP,PEF,RFP, etc..) and if managed by a Mobility Master, MM licenses (1 per device, MC, AP, etc..)

Do you see anything in the "show log system" that points to why the AP is not staying up?

• 3.  RE: Aruba 315 APs not properly connecting to 8.4 Controller

Posted Sep 16, 2020 12:15 PM

Thanks for the help. It looks like licenses for everything except the Mobility Controllers.