Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 3400 and AP93 can diable ARM and manual Set Specific Channel ? If can, please advise the step

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 3400 and AP93 can diable ARM and manual Set Specific Channel ? If can, please advise the step

Posted Oct 30, 2013 11:20 AM

Aruba 3400 and AP93 can diable ARM and manual Set Specific Channel ? If can, please advise the step

• 2.  RE: Aruba 3400 and AP93 can diable ARM and manual Set Specific Channel ? If can, please advise the step

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2013 11:23 AM

Yes, you can disable ARM and manually assign channels, but this is not advised in most environments.

In your AP group, navigate to RF Management, select the radio (A / G) and then under ARM, create a new profile and change assignment to "disable".

arm-disable.png

Then you can go into the main radio profile (802.11a or 802.11g) and assign the channel. (I would create a new profile with the channel settings).

set-channel.png

• 3.  RE: Aruba 3400 and AP93 can diable ARM and manual Set Specific Channel ? If can, please advise the step

Posted Oct 30, 2013 11:30 AM

Thanks.

you means diable ARM assignment? and in the regulatory domain profile, choose the channel value which I expert?

• 4.  RE: Aruba 3400 and AP93 can diable ARM and manual Set Specific Channel ? If can, please advise the step

Posted Oct 30, 2013 11:46 AM

You can do it by creating different ARM profiles (like cappalli suggested) or Regulatory Domains (Defining what channels you want available for use) for each AP-Group 

• 5.  RE: Aruba 3400 and AP93 can diable ARM and manual Set Specific Channel ? If can, please advise the step

Posted Oct 30, 2013 11:55 AM

May i know  the different with regulatory domain valid channel and ARM profile (802.11g profile) channel ? which channel setting will be apply to APs?

• 6.  RE: Aruba 3400 and AP93 can diable ARM and manual Set Specific Channel ? If can, please advise the step

Posted Oct 30, 2013 11:34 AM

But in the 802.1g profile, channel only can assign one channel, about the above and below, I tested 3 APs, I set channel 6- . 3 APs' show 3 channel 6, 6, 9..