Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP-135 in the same environment with AP-315 or later models

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP-135 in the same environment with AP-315 or later models

Posted Dec 05, 2018 11:20 AM

Hi

I am new to Aruba and need to design for an environment where AP-135s are already installed. These units are end-of-sale and end-of-support by Aug 01, 2020. 

I want to understand what are the design implicaitons (from RF coverage and functionality point of view) down the road. For example, if we need to replace any of the existing Aruba APs (AP-135) with model AP-315 or later. 

In my view the functionality of the system should be determined by the lowest common denominator (in this case AP-135) i.e. AP-315 should act as AP-135 (may be we need to disable few features on it).

It would be great if there is matrix available where I can see which APs can co-exists in an environment. 

Even if co-exists but I would like to know what are recommendations/guide-lines. 

Thanks

Ghaz

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP-135 in the same environment with AP-315 or later models

Posted Dec 07, 2018 09:43 AM

As a minimum, disable the 802.11ac features on the AP-315s.

David

• 3.  RE: Aruba AP-135 in the same environment with AP-315 or later models

Posted Dec 07, 2018 11:54 AM

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking on same lines. It helped.

I just wonder if there is some built-in intelligence when different APs are in same environment i.e. APs functionality determined by least common denominator. I am running Aruba Controller (version 6.x). 

The last option I was thiniking to create a seperate AP Group for AP-315s and just enable features which are similar to AP-135s.