Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Ap 225 restarting

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Ap 225 restarting

Posted Mar 05, 2016 12:46 PM

Dear All 

i have 7200  series Aruba controller and have 225 model accesspoint few of them are restarting again and again some time after 1 week some time after few hours .

some one please guide me how to fix the issue 

• 2.  RE: Aruba Ap 225 restarting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2016 02:14 PM

You should open a TAC case to troubleshoot anything that happens intermittently.

If access points are rebooting, you should be able to see why by typing "show ap debug system-status ap-name <name of ap> | begin rebooted"

(Aruba7005-US) #show ap debug system-status ap-name Office-225 | begin rebooted
    AP rebooted Fri Mar 4 20:01:15 CST 2016; SAPD: Reboot after successful image upgrade 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aruba Ap 225 restarting

Posted Mar 07, 2016 12:21 PM
    Can you please run the show AP database from CLI and see if there's any flags ?

Or from GUI go to AP Installation and see if there's any flags ?

Sent from Outlook for iPhone

• 4.  RE: Aruba Ap 225 restarting

Posted Mar 07, 2016 12:47 PM

Are the same ones rebooting over and over or just random ones? Same closet/switch?

Once the controller is ruled out I'd also check the switch and make sure the power budget isn't over subscribed or there isn't a problem with the POE.