Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Controller 7005 + ArubaOS 8.5.x or greater not saving configuration

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Aruba Controller 7005 + ArubaOS 8.5.x or greater not saving configuration

Posted Feb 28, 2020 03:35 PM

Hi!

Does anyone know any issue with Aruba Controller 7005 + ArubaOS 8.5.x and trying to join the controller to MM. I using full-config option and writing all parameters as always, but when the controller reboots it returns to the default initial state? it didn't try to contact the MM, just return to the following:

Screenshot at Feb 28 14-27-13.png

does anyone knows?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Controller 7005 + ArubaOS 8.5.x or greater not saving configuration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 03:51 PM

• 3.  RE: Aruba Controller 7005 + ArubaOS 8.5.x or greater not saving configuration

Posted Mar 02, 2020 11:34 AM

Hi!

You are right, the controllers has the cfgfile=default.cfg variable configured to another file, and also has a lot of "static" configuration in other variables. 

I did a purgeenv and everything is working right now.

thanks 

• 4.  RE: Aruba Controller 7005 + ArubaOS 8.5.x or greater not saving configuration

Posted Nov 08, 2023 11:41 AM
      |   view attached

My 7005 MC didn't boot correctly by starting the ZTP but instead it is initializing GSM, CCM and FPAPP as below

do you know why?

• 5.  RE: Aruba Controller 7005 + ArubaOS 8.5.x or greater not saving configuration

Posted Feb 29, 2020 03:35 AM

Hi As per issue I can see you are trying via ZTP method. Can you try with manual method to add MC to MM or follow below or above link

• 6.  RE: Aruba Controller 7005 + ArubaOS 8.5.x or greater not saving configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 29, 2020 05:07 AM

The ZTP screen always comes up before you are allowed to choose other methods.  That does not mean the poster is trying ZTP.  This issue happens  usually when users set the cfgfile environment variable to something besides default.cfg but they don't set it back.

• 7.  RE: Aruba Controller 7005 + ArubaOS 8.5.x or greater not saving configuration

Posted Nov 08, 2023 11:47 AM
      |   view attached

Hi

My 7005 MC didn't boot correctly by starting the ZTP but instead it is initializing GSM, CCM and FPAPP as below

do you know why?