Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Controller - Internal Captive Potal with ClearPass as authentication server

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba Controller - Internal Captive Potal with ClearPass as authentication server

Posted Mar 04, 2020 03:44 AM

Hi community 

Can somebody confirm (or not):

Is it possible to use internal captive portal built in controller altogether with ClearPass as radius authentication server ?

In GUI there is option as follows:

Internal Captive Portal with authentication

but there's no option to set authentication server ?

If someone have example and can share I wiil be happy

Regards

Karol 

• 2.  RE: Aruba Controller - Internal Captive Potal with ClearPass as authentication server
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 04, 2020 05:55 AM

Yeah it should.

But thats not the normal approach..why not use ClearPass for Captive Portal ? Its much better I think

Okay, sorry I was just curious

Just go to: Authentication --> L3 Authentication --> Captive Portal Authentication --> YOUR PROFILE 

And change the Server Group.

CP_CPPM.PNG

That might work, but I have not tested this.

Regards

• 3.  RE: Aruba Controller - Internal Captive Potal with ClearPass as authentication server
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2020 05:59 AM

Yes, that is possible, but not within the wizard.

Create the WLAN via the wizard and than you have to configure a new AAA Profile for that WLAN VAP.

Go to the right top corner - "admin" - "Preferences" - set the hook to show advanced Options

Than go to the WLAN SSID - right hand "Profiles" - ... - AAA and set the ClearPass AAA Profile.

This has to be configured beforehand if not already done.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Controller - Internal Captive Potal with ClearPass as authentication server

Posted Mar 04, 2020 06:46 AM

Hi

Thanks for all posts 

Yes I have tested it and it works 

Thanks for help

Karol