Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba RAP-2WG - Configuring wired access via eth1

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba RAP-2WG - Configuring wired access via eth1

Posted Mar 05, 2014 02:46 PM

I've got 15 Aruba RAP-2WG's deployed and working great for my home users via WIFI. They can connect to the "Corporate" SSID and work as if they were locally connected.

We are deploying VDI terminals and included in the project scope is the ability to connect remotely from home via the VDI terminal using the RAP eth1 wired port but I am NOT getting a valid IP address from this interface.

I used the following document to configure on particular RAP with a new profile so I could test it without affecting the other 15 RAP users:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/unified-wired-wireless-access/3881/1/RAP%20Installation-Updated.pdf

Can someone who has configured port eth1 to support a wired connection on a RAP assist me with the configuration or troubleshooting steps?

• 2.  RE: Aruba RAP-2WG - Configuring wired access via eth1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 05, 2014 03:10 PM

In the same ap-group that your RAPs are in:

In the wired AP profile, make the forward mode tunnel, make sure trusted is checked, switchport mode is access and make the VLAN the one you want your devices to be on:

wired.PNG

• 3.  RE: Aruba RAP-2WG - Configuring wired access via eth1

Posted Mar 05, 2014 03:46 PM

cjoseph - I owe you a lunch! Thank you :smileywink: