Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba equivalent to my.meraki.com

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba equivalent to my.meraki.com

Posted Sep 20, 2019 10:32 AM

Is there an equivalent option in a Aruba  controller based solution that will give me the information that meraki does when a device is connected to an AP that the end user can open a browser and go to a page that displays the information like Merkai does when going to my.merkai.com?

the Meraki web page shows signal strentgh/channel/Connected PA name etc....  This would be helpful assiting end users.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Aruba equivalent to my.meraki.com

Posted Sep 20, 2019 12:48 PM

Have you tried the Dashboard in the GUI?

Managed Networks > Dashboard > Access Points

Is this what you are looking for?

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
    --Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.

• 3.  RE: Aruba equivalent to my.meraki.com

Posted Sep 20, 2019 01:30 PM
      |   view attached

This is something the end user does from thier device that would help us determine what AP they are connected to, thier MAC addr, signal stregth etc..  most end users will not know thier MAC so this makes things easier.  I added a screen shot of what it looks like.

• 4.  RE: Aruba equivalent to my.meraki.com
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2019 02:47 PM

I am not sure if such a service exists for the end user.

To address the mac address problem, You could ask them for their IP address and find their mac address using any of the following commands.

Show user-table | include <IP Address of the user>

Show user ip <IP Address of the user> // I prefer this one

This last one should give you all the information you need about an user and some more.

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
    --Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.