Wireless Access

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba switches with Cisco APs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba switches with Cisco APs

Posted Mar 11, 2017 12:06 AM

We are currently moving all our Cisco switches to Aruba switches. Around 40 switches in all. Everything works just swell except we have to keep around ten Cisco switches to keep our Cisco APs on. I cannot for the life of me find out how to get clients to connect to the Cisco APs when the APs are connected to our Aruba switches. It looks like clients can connect, but are not able to get DHCP. Can anyone point me in the right direction? ip helper is set up. Spanning tree is disabled. I am relatively new (brand new) to Aruba/HPE switches.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Aruba switches with Cisco APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 11, 2017 06:24 AM

What may help you is the Cisco HPE CLI comparison guide: https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Education-Australia-New-Zealand/Updated-CLI-comparison-guide-Provision-Comware-Cisco-now/gpm-p/270981

Also, if you have problems converting your current Cisco config into HPE Aruba/Provision config it might help if you can post your current config on the Cisco side, at least the interface config, the vlan interface config and the routing config. That may people help to understand what is configured on the old switch and not on the new switch and prevents your clients network connectivity. My guess would be that on the current switches you have tagged VLANs (switchport trunk allowed-vlan) configured, and not on the new switches, where you go in the vlan, then use the tagged 10-18 command to tag the vlan on ports 10-18; which makes clients isolated from the network. It is the other way around, interfaces configured on the vlan, instead of vlans on interfaces; but you can achieve the same.