Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 6.1.3.5 GUI showing 0 0 0 0 0 in monitor page - after adding some more lic's?! Syntax error?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 6.1.3.5 GUI showing 0 0 0 0 0 in monitor page - after adding some more lic's?! Syntax error?

Posted Feb 05, 2013 12:12 PM

Hi Guys,

ArubaOS 6.1.3.5 GUI showing 0 0 0 0 0 in monitor page - after adding some more lic's?! Syntax error?

(In the dashboard and on the CLI I can see that all the ap's are up and everything working but in the monitoring page... Just zeros)

please advise

Screenshot:

ArubaOS6.1.3.5_SyntxBUG.PNG

Is there anyway to fix ir (restart the GUI process in cli) without upgrading the controller to version 6.1.3.6 or rebooting the controller?

Your tips needed.

Thanks in advance.

Me

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 6.1.3.5 GUI showing 0 0 0 0 0 in monitor page - after adding some more lic's?! Syntax error?

Posted Feb 06, 2013 10:42 AM

....I didnt got any tip or directon from anyone.

:robotsad:

and today i was needed by the coustmer (big hostpial here) to fix this monitor issue - without upgradeing or botting the controller.

I logged in via cli

checked all the running process.

and restarted the foloowing process:

fpapps

(process restart fpapps)

and it's fixed the syntax error   :robotwink: (red flag with no info or ability to work in the gui - version 6.1.3.5)

i hope that if anyone will encouter this - the soultion will help for him.

have a lovely week.

Me.

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS 6.1.3.5 GUI showing 0 0 0 0 0 in monitor page - after adding some more lic's?! Syntax error?

Posted Feb 11, 2013 02:50 PM

Please don't restart 'fpapps' you have been warned!

FYI...

'process restart fpapps' (which can only be issued by 'admin' user) will cause the controller to reboot immediately.

It is certainly not recommended to restart this process without direction from Aruba TAC.

'show process monitor stats' shows which processes are monitored and will be automatically restarted on failure/restart.

The 'restarts allowed' column show how many re-starts a process can make before the controller reboots, for 'fpapps' this number is 'zero' meaning that the controller reboot the first time it fails.

Other processes like udbserver can be restarted upto eight times before the controller will force a complete restart.

Other processes like 'fpcli' can be restarted without ever causing the controller to reboot (this process is shown with a '-' in restarts allowed)

(Aruba650) #show process monitor statistics

Process Monitoring Action:Log Message

Process Monitor Statistics
    --------------------------
    Name                          State            Restarts Allowed  Restarts  Timeout Value  Timeout Chances  Time Started
    ----                          -----            ----------------  --------  -------------  ---------------  ------------

/mswitch/bin/fpapps           PROCESS_RUNNING  0                 0         240            4                Thu Jan 31 15:11:20 2013

As for the WebUI incorrectly displaying the correct data, this could be caused by any number of issues, and where possible we always recommend getting the output from 'tar logs tech-support' and raise a TAC ticket.

In this particular case we would have been interested in the output of 'show ap database-summary'.