Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 8+ VMC - virtual machine moving(vMotion) and losing licenses

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 8+ VMC - virtual machine moving(vMotion) and losing licenses

Posted Jun 05, 2018 09:23 AM

Hello friends,

I again with problemens about the VMC standalone controller.

This time is about losing my controller licenses when my hypervisor do a moving on the server cluster from a blade to another(loading balance the hardwares resourcers).

My VMC is losing its licenses, what can I do to make this work ?

Thanks in advanced.

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 8+ VMC - virtual machine moving(vMotion) and losing licenses

Posted Jun 06, 2018 07:17 PM
    Is your hypervisor changing the MAC address when it moves?

Also, we've been told that migrating a live VMC can cause problems. We're going to set affinity rules so that the two nodes in a cluster stick to a particular host. If that host needs to be serviced, we'll shut that node down instead of migrating it.

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS 8+ VMC - virtual machine moving(vMotion) and losing licenses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2018 03:51 AM

VMotion is not supported on VMC that is actively handling clients and APs, simply because we cannot guarantee that there will not be an interruption or corruption of the VMC database (the multiple databases used cannot be quiesced). 

However, if the macaddress or UUID of the VMC is getting changed, then something is wrong with the vMotion config on the VMWare cluster. In a proper vMotion, the vMAC and UUID should be preserved.

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS 8+ VMC - virtual machine moving(vMotion) and losing licenses

Posted Jan 21, 2020 02:45 PM

Hi team, again here.

The vMotion and similary resources is already supported ?

If not, if the VMC is part of HA architecture 1+0 as a standbye controler, the motion/moving will work or not ?

Thanks in Advance.

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS 8+ VMC - virtual machine moving(vMotion) and losing licenses

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 21, 2020 03:18 PM

Jerrod's comment directly above yours is still valid.