Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 8.x Enhanced Multicast Proxy

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 8.x Enhanced Multicast Proxy

Posted Sep 03, 2019 03:48 PM

I could use a bit of clarification on IGMP proxy for 8.x clusters.  I understand from the documentation that a multicast VLAN will be defined in the cluster setup. 

Does it follow that IGMP proxy should only be configured on the VLAN interface for that specific defined multicast VLAN, and IGMP proxy should be disabled for all other client VLANs, or should IGMP proxy still be enabled or disabled individually on each client VLAN in addition to the defined multicast VLAN?

To follow-up that question, On the upstream router, should IGMP / PIM be enabled individually on each client VLAN interface, or just on the defined multicast VLAN?

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 8.x Enhanced Multicast Proxy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 13, 2019 09:18 AM

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS 8.x Enhanced Multicast Proxy

Posted May 14, 2020 12:07 PM

This doesn't seem to be a very popular topic. I asked a similar question last week, prior to seeing your post, but I haven't received any answers yet either. Were you able to find out the information you needed elsewhere?

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS 8.x Enhanced Multicast Proxy

Posted May 14, 2020 06:03 PM

Hello,

No unfortunately this project got put on hold in favour of other things. But it will need revisiting so more info would be great!

Guy