Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS/InstantOS DCA Problem??

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS/InstantOS DCA Problem??

Posted Jul 24, 2018 09:13 AM

Hey Everyone!

This is my first post in the community.  I was previously a Cisco wireless engineer however I now work with the Aruba platform...  Back when I was working with the Cisco WLC solution I identified a couple of bugs where when DCA was triggered the 3800 series APs would reload, this was of course a major issue as they provided coverage for a crucial area of my building. Now... I was experiencing some massive packet drop issues in one of my Aruba sites which was determined to be aesthetic until it impacts connectivity of users - I don't like that answer but that's not the point.  I was told by a TAC engineer that its possible the packet loss could be due to DCA because when a DCA event is triggered on Aruba APs it not only resets BOTH radios, but will also reboot the access point completely.  This can't be correct - right?  If this is correct it seems like a massive flaw in design.  Can anyone weigh in on this?  I can't seem to find any good documentation regarding Aruba and how it handles DCA/UNII-2 Extended channel ranges.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS/InstantOS DCA Problem??

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 09:49 AM

What is DCA?

When Aruba access points change channel it does not reboot and the radios are not reset.

Please read the ARM supplement here for detailed information about how ArubaOS ARM functions:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/unified-wired-wireless-access/7592/1/ARM%20Doc%20Supplement.pdf