Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

ArubaOS multiple branches with diferent ip ranges

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS multiple branches with diferent ip ranges

Posted May 23, 2019 09:35 AM

Hi,

I have an infrastructure with two Virtual Mobility Master in cluster and two Virtual Mobility Controller also in cluster.

The infrastructure is installed in the Main Office and I have 52 braches with APs.  I have two SSIDs for all branches and Main Office.

The APs in the Main Office have a management IP (comunication with the controller) in the subnet 192.168.0.0/24 and I have a VLAN 3 with IP 192.168.200.0/22 for an SSID (CORP) and a VLAN 30 with IP 10.199.200.0/24 to another SSID (GUEST).

In Brunches I have a management VLAN to communicate the APs with the controllers and I have the same VLAN 3 and VLAN 30 for the CORP and GUEST network but with different subnets, for example VLAN 3 192.168.13.0/24 and VLAN 30 10.10.13.0/24. 

SSIDs are set to Tunnel mode. 

In the main office when I connect to each of the SSIDs I get a correct VLAN IP for the Main Office, for example VLAN 3 with IP 192.168.200.0/22 for an SSID (CORP) and a VLAN 30 with IP 10.199.200.0/24 to another SSID (GUEST). 

Everything is correct so far.

But in the brunches when I connect to one of the SSIDs I get a main office IP instead of receiving an IP for the VLAN of the brunche in question.

The DHCP server is configured only in the main office.

APPs are separated by AP Groups for each brunche.

Is it possible for me to define in each APGroup what range of IPs it will recive?

Thanks.

DEnes