Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Assistance with MSM775 zl v2

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Assistance with MSM775 zl v2

Posted Jun 11, 2019 03:35 PM
    I am having an MSM775 zl v2 ( J9840) controller status LED: Flashing green light. As per the manual , "
    The controller is starting or has booted into the service os" please advise what shall I do. I already reset (less than 4 seconds) without success.

The controller is part of Procurve 4506 zl switch

• 2.  RE: Assistance with MSM775 zl v2

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 11, 2019 06:10 PM

Having you tried an initial troubleshooting procedure using the HP MSM 775 zl Controller Installation Guide?

• 3.  RE: Assistance with MSM775 zl v2

Posted Jun 11, 2019 11:35 PM
    Thank you for your reply, I went through the document. I didn't find an initial troubleshooting procedure, kindly advise

• 4.  RE: Assistance with MSM775 zl v2

MVP GURU
    Posted Jun 12, 2019 05:21 AM

Well, I never wrote that a troubleshooting procedure can be found into that guide...I just wrote that that guide can be used to start a troubleshooting procedure by your own (creating your personalized steps to investigate what is going on)...and, probably, that guide is not enough.

As example: flashing green is not necessarily a sign of an issue...so what really happened? did it ever worked before? have you ever configured it? do you know how to configure/manage that module? why did you perform a reset four times? which version the MSM 775 zl controller was running on? the ProCurve 4506 zl Switch doesn't exist at all...indeed an HP ProCurve 5406 zl exists...are you referrring to that Switch series?

What I'm trying to say to you is that you should clarifying better the whole scenario providing as much details (relevant) as possible in order to enhance the probability to receive a consistent help from Community.