Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't Stream to Chromecast Audio

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Can't Stream to Chromecast Audio

Posted Dec 18, 2018 03:30 PM

I am trying to get a Chromecast Audio working properly on my network with IAP-305 APs and Aruba Central for managment. The Chromecast is setup and connected to my main SSID. I can stream from Android devices on Google Play Music, but not from Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, or Spotify. I can't stream at all from iOS devices. I CAN stream from a laptop through Chrome using the cast function from any streaming sites. This is essentially a flat network with a single VLAN. And all devices are on that VLAN for casting.

Googlecast is enabled in AirGroup as well as every other built-in item under Airgroup and all other services. I have been struggling with this for about a week and I am coming up empty with tech support. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Can't Stream to Chromecast Audio

Posted Dec 19, 2018 07:38 AM

@AngryTech wrote:

I am trying to get a Chromecast Audio working properly on my network with IAP-305 APs and Aruba Central for managment. The Chromecast is setup and connected to my main SSID. I can stream from Android devices on Google Play Music, but not from Pandora, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, or Spotify. I can't stream at all from iOS devices. I CAN stream from a laptop through Chrome using the cast function from any streaming sites. This is essentially a flat network with a single VLAN. And all devices are on that VLAN for casting.

Googlecast is enabled in AirGroup as well as every other built-in item under Airgroup and all other services. I have been struggling with this for about a week and I am coming up empty with tech support. Does anyone have any suggestions?

What has tech support had you try so far? My familiarity with the Instant and Aruba Central Management is limited, but If you perform the following command, are there any services queries being blocked of interest?

show airgroup blocked-queries

I took a quick look at the iHeartRadio Android app specifically via a packet-capture, and the discovery protocol I was seeing was SSDP with a service id of:

urn:smartspeaker-audio:service:SpeakerGroup:1

iheartradio.PNG