Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't ping printer that's connected to router via pc that is connected to AP that goes to router.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can't ping printer that's connected to router via pc that is connected to AP that goes to router.

Posted Nov 04, 2014 10:54 PM

I can ping the printer connecte via wifi to the router, from the router.  I am connected to the 225 AP which in turn is wired to the router.  I cannot ping the printer though. I read that some APs have a client isolation feature that may be the culprit, but I cannot seem to find such a setting.  I can't seem to figure out why it is not connecting.

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Can't ping printer that's connected to router via pc that is connected to AP that goes to router.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2014 06:29 AM

Who configured the ap?

• 3.  RE: Can't ping printer that's connected to router via pc that is connected to AP that goes to router.

Posted Nov 05, 2014 08:08 AM

the AP and printer are on the same subnet?

When connected wirelessly to the AP, do you have an ACL that allows you to talk to the printer?

is it any any any?

The client isolation feature is under system -> advanced settings -> deny inter-user bridging but this should not affect this imo.