Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: Cannot Copy File ArubaOS MM Cluster Upgrade on 8.3

After the failure, SSH into the MD and type:

show log system 50

show log error 50

...to see if there are any clues...

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
New Contributor

I have the same problem too but I'm using 8.4.0.0. The standalone VMC that I use can be upgraded directly and same with each mobility device. 

The only thing that isn't working is a whole cluster upgrade... I have made a TAC case on a different problem but will tell them about this right after we're done. 

New Contributor

I have the same issue in an environment with the following FW levels:

Virtual MM at 8.4.0.2

Pair of clustered MC currently running 8.4.0.1

When I try to initiate the cluster update I receive an "Image Copy Failed" error after a few seconds. This is using a known good TFTP server (used to directly update Controllers previously via TFTP) with firewall appliance logs indicating that there is no TFTP session even being intiated from the MM/MC end of things.

Any update would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason.

Contributor I

Hello,

If you didn't find the solution, I faced the same issue and found that the Cluster upgrade profile still uses an old IP for the TFTP/FTP server (IP used for the last upgrade).

=> You can check this in : Managed Network node hierarchy (on the Cluster node), Configuration > System > Profiles. Under All Profiles, select Controller Profile > Upgrade.

For my upgrade, I reuse the old IP but probably you can clear it (and the method) to be able to use the new settings.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: