Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Cannot log into Aruba 308 after factory reset and wiped configs

Hi

I have an Aruba 325 I brought home from work to do some stand alone testing.  It had some previous configurations from work which were preventing me from broadcasting an SSID so when I accessed it via the web, under Maintenance -> Configuration, I did a Clear Configuration and then rebooted it.  I was accessing it via an ethernet link on my home network.

Now I can no longer SSH into the wap or access it via the web.  On the wired ssh side, when I try to ssh in it requests my creds and I use admin/admin but it comes back with Permission denied.  I also tried our default creds from work but that does not work either.

Any thoughts on this? 

thank you,

'mark

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cannot log into Aruba 308 after factory reset and wiped configs

Can you provide a screen shot of the new UI you are seeing? If you're upgrading from Instant 6.5 to 8.6, the UI will be noticeably different, so that does not surprise me.

If you refresh your browser window, it should give you an updated view (after the reboot). My overview screen for Instant 8.6.0.2 is attached for reference.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor I

308? Can you clarify what device this is? Have you tried the serial number as the password?

Dustin Burns
Senior Mobility and Access Engineer @WEI
ACMX#509 | ACCP | ACSA | ACDA | ACEA | CCNP | CCDP | CCNA Wireless

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Dustin,

That model number was an error on my part.  I believe its a 325 instead (its sealed inside a special mounting box so cannot get at it to read the SN or model).  

thanks

'mark

Highlighted
Super Contributor I

If it’s in IAP mode, depending on the software version, you will have admin/admin or admin/serial-number. If it somehow joined another IAP cluster ( can happen if there are other AP/APs on the same subnet ) then it will use the IAP cluster credentials.

Dustin Burns
Senior Mobility and Access Engineer @WEI
ACMX#509 | ACCP | ACSA | ACDA | ACEA | CCNP | CCDP | CCNA Wireless

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
Highlighted

What is OS Version Your are running 

Dinusha Chandrasinghe
Network Engineer -Enterprise System Solution @PlexusGlobal
ACMP | ACSA | ACCA | MCSA
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

'mark
Highlighted

Do you have other IAPs on your home network?

It may be helpful to have a console cable connected during AP boot to see what's happening. It's possible the AP was able to contact Activate and downloaded a provisioning profile that's doing something other than what you expect since it came from a work environment.

Charlie Clemmer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Charlie,

I don't have any other Aruba AP's in my home but I do have 3 Google Mesh AP's.

I am thinking that  the unit is "bricked", only because the Sys LED would blink every now and then and once is a while would blink Red.  The Radio LED would come on intermittently.   The time it takes to bring up the login prompt (either via doing an ssh command or via a web http login) is much greater than before.  Sometimes 30 secs to a minute or more. 

i dropped it off with one of our support engineers at work today and picked up another one to use.  

thanks

Also I can easily ping the device but would get varying responses in the RTT time, like  varying 50-60 ms at times.  This was over the wired ethernet, and I have pinged these units before and never saw such variations.  This is just a large guess on my part that the host is so busy spinning that it can't respond.  (again a guess).

Highlighted

What you described is expected behavior. It sounds as thought the IAP is unable to obtain an IP address via DHCP, attempting to locate a mesh network it can connect to instead, and then reboots to attempt again. Console access would verify this behavior and shed light on specifics.

Charlie Clemmer
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

<pls ignore this post>

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: