Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal/Splash Page assistance

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal/Splash Page assistance

Posted Oct 24, 2017 09:25 AM
      |   view attached

Community,

I have a 3200 series Aruba Controller and am trying to use the default captive portal backgrounds. When I get redirected to the splash page, the background and text boxes arent at all aligned with the computer screen. It looks horrible. Its so bad I dont even want to use it. I dont see any options to adjust the location of the background or the text boxes. Can anyone assist in telling me how i can get the Captive Portal page to look correct? The background for instance doesnt cover the whole page, and the AUP text box is stuck in the upper left corner. Ive attached a picture for reference. I opened a TAC case but they said they couldnt and wouldnt help me. Very strange. 

"

Hi Chris,

I am Sakthi from Aruba TAC. I am the current owner of this case # 5324012057.

As per the case description I understand that you want to edit the captive portal page. But for editing the captive portal page we cannot do it and will not support for it. If you have clear pass server then you may get help from clear pass team to edit the captive portal page."

Thanks.

Attachment(s)

docx
    splash page.docx   548 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal/Splash Page assistance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 10:43 AM

If I had to guess, I think they are mentioning that web development is not done in TAC.  To get the page exactly the way you would really want, you would want to get someone who knows about html to code it directly.  The default internal controller page is very rudimentary and only for smaller deployments where authentication is important, and not appearance is important.  With that being said, you can still customize the page with a captive portal on the controller by using instructions here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Internal_Captive_Portal.htm

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal/Splash Page assistance

Posted Oct 24, 2017 10:52 AM

Colin,

Thanks for the reply. So to your knowledge there is no way to alter the default portal page to make it look more professional? Im kind of suprised Aruba would leave that piece of it unfinished. It would be nice if they could offer more customization options right there on the controller and make it so its centered on the computer screen when users are redirected.

I am reading that we can upload our own custom web pages. Do you know what kind of file that is? 

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal/Splash Page assistance
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2017 01:45 PM

The link I sent before:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Internal_Captive_Portal.htm shows how to create your own internal HTML page to edit how the captive portal looks.

• 5.  RE: Captive Portal/Splash Page assistance

Posted Oct 24, 2017 03:37 PM

Thanks Colin. Ill give this a shot!