Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Captive Portal Sponsor Email Login doesn't work

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal Sponsor Email Login doesn't work

Posted Dec 19, 2017 02:39 PM

I have setup a Captive Portal page where users can send a sponsor an email to be approved for a guest login. The sponsor is sent an email with a link to the /guest/auth_login.php page where the sponsor logs in using their domain credentials and the service checks to make sure they are a memberOf the "Guest_Sponsor" group. When the sponsor logs in, the access tracker shows that their login was accepted, but they are told their usename/password is incorrect and the Guest user is not authenticated.

I used a generic Aruba Application Authentication service to handle the login with the service rule just set to "Application Name EQUALS Guest" and they are given the [Allow Application Access Profile] if it is determined they are part of the "Guest_Sponsor" domain group.

I am not sure where I went wrong here, are there any guides to setting up this email login?