Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal cert with Chrome browser

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal cert with Chrome browser

Posted Mar 20, 2018 04:55 PM

Community,

Chrome browswer seems to be having an issue with the captive portal certificate ive loaded on the WLC. I generated a CSR from the WLC and cooked up a cert in GoDaddy for the captive portal. The issue Im having is that Chrome throws the error "Common Name Invalid." I know Chrome doesnt consider HTTPS connection secure if the Subject Alternative Name is empty in the cert. The issue is that when i was generating the CSR on the WLC, there was no option to enter any info for the SAN. Has anyone found a way around this? Edge/IE and FF seem to be ok with it. Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal cert with Chrome browser

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 10:06 PM
    Public CAs will automatically add the CN as a SAN. Are you using ClearPass or another external portal with the controller?

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal cert with Chrome browser

Posted Mar 20, 2018 10:48 PM

I had a similar issue but I don't remember what the exact error message in Chrome was.  I had just migrated from the secure.arubanetworks.com certs to INCommon certs when the issue started.  It turned out to be that I hadn't uploaded the entire cert chain into the controllers.  This may not be the case for you but wanted to mention just in case.