Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal

Posted Mar 28, 2013 01:24 PM

Hello everyone,

Could someone explain me why this is happening? I setup a test captive portal that when I point the test group to a local controller when you associate automatically the captive portal shows up and then when you accept the policy another message show up "success" then you click done and you obtain the default captive portal role. However, when I point the same test group to another controller, for example, master controller. The users have to manually open the browser for the captive portal to shows up? I mean when you associate you obtain an IP address but the captive portal does not show up automatically You manually need to open the browser and then you get redirected to it. If the local poll the config from the master why would it be different? I must be missing an option :) Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance,

Nils.

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 28, 2013 04:40 PM

The automatic launch of the browser is an Operating System dependent thing.....not something dictated by the Aruba configuration.   Some OS' don't do it at all, while some do.  

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal

Posted Mar 28, 2013 04:44 PM

That make sense.

Thank you,

Nils.