Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal from user role

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive portal from user role

Posted Nov 03, 2014 02:16 PM

So Im having issues with a few clients that are using VPN's that I would like to redirect to a page that tells them they are being noticed as high consumption users and they need to contact the tech department to explain thier usage. I dont have an issue with VPN usage Its just that they are top of the charts for consumption and I have no way of seeing what the data is. Is this possible to do without assigning an entire ssid a captive portal profile? I would like to be able to set a user role to the client that redirects. Thanks I appreciate any input on other ideas hwo to accomplish this as well.

• 2.  RE: Captive portal from user role

Posted Nov 03, 2014 02:18 PM

Are you using ClearPass Guest ?

• 3.  RE: Captive portal from user role

Posted Nov 03, 2014 02:25 PM

No, sorry I should have included a bit more about what Im running.

aruba3600

PEF and RF protect licenses

• 4.  RE: Captive portal from user role

Posted Nov 03, 2014 02:27 PM
    Unfortunately you would will need ClearPass to be able to do this , the controller can send accounting information to ClearPass and make a decision (Like redirecting the client to the portal informational page) based on certain criteria (BW threshold)