Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Centralized Licensing - Remainining AP licenses missing - Causes Reboot of APs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Centralized Licensing - Remainining AP licenses missing - Causes Reboot of APs

Posted Aug 07, 2018 04:17 AM
      |   view attached

Hello together,

I have a master-local topology of two 7205 (master standby) and two Aruba 7030 (active local) controllers. Centralized licensing is used and I'm facing licensing issues, which cause many of my access points to reboot. I'm facing the issue since one week now and made no configuration changes.

All controllers are running with firmware 6.5.4.2.

Installed at my infrastructure are 150 AP Licenses, 139 of them are used by CAP access points. The problem is that the last 11 remaining licenses are not used and not shown at the licensing overview, which causes my access points to reboot.

All access points in a bootloop are configured to connect to the master and standby controllers via LMS settings.

Please look up my screenshot at the attachement.

Could someone give me a hint to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot and have a great day.

• 2.  RE: Centralized Licensing - Remainining AP licenses missing - Causes Reboot of APs

MVP
    Posted Aug 15, 2018 11:48 AM

Looking at your license count, do you have additional RFP licenses contributed from another controller? Your only showing 20 - which means you wouldn't be able to use more than 20 APs too.

Can you provide screenshots of the Centralized Licensing Information page?

Are any licenses installed on the Standby Master too?