Wireless Access

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Certificate Requirements for Aruba AP Deployment

@zshore wrote:

So I am not missing anything, and am good with the out of the box certs on the MM and controller?

Any idea on what the cause of my Windows clients not wanting jump onto the Aruba APs that are broadcasting the same SSID as my Cisco setup?

You might need to enable the qbss load IE parameter in the SSID profile so that clients that have the Cisco CCX infrastructure prefer them.  Please see the post here:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Roaming-between-Cisco-and-Aruba/m-p/252817#M55571

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Contributor I

I think this may be an issue with my GPO as well. As when I bring an unmanaged device and connect, it goes smoothly.

Currently doing some digging and will report back.
Highlighted
MVP Expert

Have you enabled EAP terminition in the 802.1x auth profile? With EAP termination the EAP requests are terminated at the controller and the certificate of the controller will be used and not the ClearPass certificate.

Yes noticed that the RADIUS backend (CPPM) is not changed so normally the migration should me smooth and the same certificates are used. Have all the clearpass servers the same certificate?

Willem Bargeman ACMX#935 | ACCX #822

Please give me kudos if my post was useful!
If your issue is solved mark the post as solution!
Highlighted
Contributor I

From the testing I did last night, an unmanaged device will connect to the SSID just fine after I forget and rejoin the network. (The Aruba APs and Cisco APs are on different network but can talk to each other)

Once I cut power to the Cisco APs and then try to join the Aruba APs trhough a wireless profile pushed out via GPO, they wont connect to those networks. 

I think my cert problem is out of the way as unmanaged devices can connect just fine, now it is more of a wireless profile issue.

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Yes correct. Have you checked if eap termination is enabled in the 802.1x profile? Do you see some requests in clearpass at the moment you try to connect?

You can also enable User debugging at the controller to see what’s happening.

Willem Bargeman ACMX#935 | ACCX #822

Please give me kudos if my post was useful!
If your issue is solved mark the post as solution!
Highlighted
Contributor I

Turns out I was running into an issue with the old Intel wireless drivers. They don't seem to like the new frames from ax. Updating the drivers seems to have fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Aruba

We will be posting an official field notice tomorrow addressing this specific issue (Intel client drivers and 802.11ax networks).

/Onno
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: